Our goal: motivated employees
CEWE's success is decidedly borne by its motivated and qualified workforce. To measure the degree of satisfaction of its employees, CEWE has been conducting employee satisfaction surveys at its German operations for over ten years. The overall figures showed that almost 80% of employees working at the German locations were highly satisfied with their workplace situation. For CEWE to remain an attractive workplace, strategic personnel activities encompass many diverse measures which together feed CEWE's reputation as a Good Employer. They include, for example:
- Balancing career and family, for example with the help of the company's own daycare facility for children of employees
- Help with old age pensions, for example with a personal long-term account or an old-age part-time working scheme
- High priority of health and safety including comprehensive and effective healthcare
- With its Employee Share Programme, CEWE offers its workforce the possibility to benefit directly from the company's economic success
- CEWE actively supports its employees' healthcare (such as with skin screens, hearing tests and back training classes)
- CEWE promotes the fitness of its employees (e.g. by exercising during breaks or joining a running group)
- Since 2017, CEWE has been giving employees the possibility to lease bicycles at the Oldenburg location, for a sporty and environmentally friendly commute
Training and education: investing in the future
On principle, CEWE trains in excess of its need to allow as many young people as possible to start their professional careers. CEWE's tried and tested Junior Management Programme develops junior managers from an early point on. CEWE promotes lifelong learning for all employees through the CEWE FORUM educational programme; through CEWE Wissen, a CPD scheme; and through personalised coaching offers as well as seminars and training. The company gives its employees the opportunity to specifically develop their qualifications and employability, thereby securing its innovative power.
Awards: CEWE as a Good Employer
A visible sign of diverse and employee-friendly human resources activities are the certificates and awards which are regularly bestowed on CEWE. In 2014, CEWE was one of the first-ever companies to receive an Excellent Employer certificate complemented by the Parent-Friendly Employer and Health Management submodules from TÜV. Moreover, the Hertie Foundation regularly certifies a particularly friendly family-focused HR policy at CEWE. Awarded with the "audit berufundfamilie" (career and family audit programme) certificate for the first time in 2014, the certificate was recertified in 2017 for Oldenburg, Mönchengladbach, Munich and Freiburg.