CEWE at photokina: Market leader shows new photo products and takes a glance into the future
All CEWE products within your grasp
CEWE is presenting the whole world of photo products in an area of more than 1300 square metres-first and foremost the CEWE PHOTOBOOK with all of its available formats, paper types and highlights. Also on display will be CEWE CALENDAR, CEWE WALL ART and CEWE GREETING CARDS as well as photo gifts, mobile phone cases and Advent calendars. There will also be CEWE kiosks with the popular CEWE INSTANT PHOTOS.
Presentation of new trade fair products and smart solutions
Both on the presentation tables and on the stage, CEWE is presenting all of its new products, which will be immediately available for customers to order. One genuine highlight is a new product in the area of CEWE WALL ART, which uses entirely new shapes for specially showcasing items in any room. Moreover, this year there is also a focus on the future with the topic of smart solutions. CEWE has multiple innovative concepts for showing how the use of new technologies can serve as inspiration for the future of intelligent photo organisation and the creation of photo products. The CEWE stage will have regular presentations about these product studies.
User presentations on ordering software and products
photokina is also the trade fair for users: The presentations and workshops on CEWE ordering software and on how to create a CEWE PHOTOBOOK are traditionally quite popular. Moderators Andreas Scholz and Thorsten Schütte, who are known from YouTube and the CEWE website, will be providing a live guide through the software as well as valuable tips and tricks for various products.
Daily presentations by renowned photographers
One highlight is the daily presentations by renowned photographers on the CEWE stage. From 12 to 1 p.m. and from 3 to 4 p.m. the stage will belong to those who regularly fascinate us with their photos. On Thursday there will be two additional events. This year there is a special focus on the husband and wife photographer team Heidi and Hans-Jürgen Koch, who are among the "Stars by photokina" and were recently represented in the "Stern" magazine with a large series of photos. The complete schedule:
· Wednesday, 26 Sept. 2018, Hermann Hirsch, 12:00 - 1:00 p.m. & 3:00 - 4:00 p.m., topic: Landscapes and nature, website: www.hermannhirsch.com
· Thursday, 27 Sept. 2018, Klaus Wohlmann, 12:00 - 1:00 p.m. & 3:00 - 4:00 p.m., topic: Travel and street, www.klauswohlmann.com
· Thursday, 27 Sept. 2018, Hauke Dressler, 1:30 - 2:00 p.m. & 4:30 - 5:00 p.m., topic: Holiday photography, www.haukedressler.com/
· Friday, 28 Sept. 2018, Heidi and Hans-Jürgen Koch, 12:00 - 1:00 p.m. & 3:00 - 4:00 p.m., topic: Animals, www.lifeformphotography.com
· Saturday, 29 Sept. 2018, Jürgen Müller, 12:00 - 1:00 p.m. & 3:00 - 4:00 p.m., topic: Smartphone, www.studio-mueller.com
Hackathon for new mobile photo applications
The IMAGING LAB in Hall 5.1 at photokina serves as an ideal environment for presenting new concepts and business ideas. On Friday, 28 Sept., from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. in Room B-050 CEWE is hosting a hackathon, where interested developers can pursue this question: What new photo applications on smartphones could make for even more fun when handling images that have been photographed and saved?
Exhibitions for the CEWE Photo Award
The worldwide CEWE Photo Award, which became the world's largest open photo contest in 2017, is running again until May of 2019. CEWE is presenting a selection of winning photos right at its own trade fair stand. On the piazza in the middle of photokina there will also be an exclusive display of the first submissions from the current CEWE Photo Award contest. Submissions can be made at contest.cewe.de/cewephotoaward.
During the trade fair the CEWE social media team will have ongoing reports about news and events. Follow us on Instagram (cewe_fotowelt_de) and Facebook (@cewe.fotobuch)
Select presentations will also be broadcast on Facebook live:
· Wednesday, 26 Sept., 3 p.m. Hermann Hirsch, Nature photography, followed by a Q&A session: https://www.facebook.com/events/1268347133307257/
· Thursday, 27 Sept., 3 p.m. Klaus Wohlmann, Travel & urban photography, followed by a chat and Q&A session: www.facebook.com/events/175152816628679/
· Thursday, 27 Sept., 4:30 p.m. Hauke Dressler, Travel photography, followed by a Q&A session: https://www.facebook.com/events/676742836018083/
· Saturday, 29 Sept., 12 p.m. Jürgen Müller, Smartphone photography, followed by a Q&A session: https://www.facebook.com/events/629167044151313/
All the events at a glance: https://www.facebook.com/pg/cewe.fotobuch/events/?ref=page_internal
For more information about CEWE at photokina, visit www.cewe.de/cewe-erleben.html